Citrix Analyst III, Calgary AB
January 29, 2013
Permanent, Full Time
Our clients expect the best and that is what we are looking for, so if you are that high quality individual who is professional in all aspects of your work, then Acrodex is interested in talking to you about joining our team of information technology professionals. You will be supported by an outstanding group of like-minded technology and business professionals who are known for their reputation, commitment to quality, delivery and uncompromised customer service. This is the reason why our clients rely on us as trusted advisors and it is through our client's recommendations that new business opportunities arise.
About the Company:
Acrodex is a full spectrum, enterprise-wide technology solutions provider that has been in the IT business since 1984. We deliver end-to-end solutions: application innovations, systems integration services, hardware and software, and managed services including computer facilities management, application management and life cycle management services. With over 500 employees we deliver quality service from our office locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver, Regina, Winnipeg and Fort McMurray. We offer a full benefits program which includes Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, Extended HealthCare (including a Vision Care program), and Dental care.
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Services, the Senior Technical Consultant (Citrix) is responsible for activities in all areas of projects; from assisting with the organization’s sales team on proposal preparation, the creation of statements of work (or smaller assignments), the implementation of the tasks and deliverables defined in these documents, to delivering complete quality system documentation to our clients and internal Managed Services staff. Under the direction of the Professional Services Manager, this position will assist in the planning and development of network resources, processes and procedures for the organization. The Senior Technical Consultant will possess a broad understanding of all areas of focus and be the subject matter authority and lead network projects by recommending solutions to our clients.
1. Works as a member of the Professional Services Consultant Team to architect, plan and deliver on Professional Services statements of work (and work assignments) with little or no supervision.
2. Works with the Acrodex sale team as pre-sales technical support, assisting when necessary with the development of proposals.
3. Develops detailed network specifications and adheres to company standards in support of new project scope work.
4. Implementation of varied Citrix solutions in complex environments
5. Designs, specifies, and documents information technology configurations according to client needs, utilizing outside support resources as appropriate.
6. Interfaces with clients, other Professional Services consultants, technical teams, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining the most appropriate type of information system solution to accomplish project goals; assists in determining best personnel, equipment and facilities needed to accomplish these goals.
7. Meets with clients, client executives, and project managers to determine project timelines.
8. Installs and/or coordinates the installation, implementation, configuration and/or certification of hardware and software elements to accomplish project goals.
9. Writes project status reports necessary to support the successful delivery of projects.
10. Prepares checklists, processes and other configuration documentation on hardware, software, and communications as a project deliverable.
11. Helps maintain a library of associated materials for all equipment, processes, and procedures relating to projects for the Managed Services team.
12. Writes updates and/or reviews system documentation and manuals; distributes or arranges distribution of documentation.
13. Researches specific technical hardware and software related questions and problems from clients and management.
14. Coordinates and participates in feasibility and systems studies of a highly technical nature and advises on the capabilities of technical applications.
15. Recommends actions to improve work flow, simplify operational and reporting procedures and improve performance standards, both internally and for our clients (under the guidance of the client executives).
Qualifications (Education/Experience/Skills & Abilities)
1. A Computer Science degree from a recognized University or a technical diploma from a recognized Technology Institution.
2. 6+ years of experience with general IT infrastructure technologies, including all Citrix offerings, Active Directory, WAN/LAN, multiple operating systems, topologies and protocols.
3. Certifications in current Citrix technologies (XenServer, XenDesktop, XenApp)
4. Senior level Citrix Certification preferred (CCIA, CCEA) equivalent experience will be considered
5. At least one major vendor-based certification - Microsoft (MCSE), Novell (CNE), Citrix (CCEA), Cisco (CCNA), etc., for within the Professional Services Consultant’s area of expertise
6. The knowledge of the principles, processes and tools of systems engineering as they apply to IT systems
7. An ability to depict IT systems and outline strengths and weaknesses
8. the knowledge of the principles, processes and tools of systems engineering as they apply to IT systems
9. an ability to analyze IT infrastructure and identify possible problem areas in the context of the implementation
10. an ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users
11. Must have skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
12. Continue skills development as outlined in the Individual Development Plan (IDP)
13. Part of, and available for, the Acrodex on-call support rotation
Should you have interest and are qualified for this exciting opportunity, please submit your covering letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity however, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.