OneNote, Office Lens, PowerPoint, Skype for Business
Microsot Office 365, Microsoft’s suite of cloud applications, has seen an enormous growth of late with as many as 91.4% of enterprise companies having 100 or more users. Part of its popularity lies in its ever-expanding list of features aimed at increasing user productivity, incorporating many time-saving shortcuts.
Let’s take a look at some of the newer features and shortcuts available in some of Office 365’s applications that save time and boost your workflow efficiency.
New Productivity Shortcuts in Office 365
OneNote is Microsoft’s premier note-taking tool, letting you gather various pieces of information such as notes, drawings, images or audio and organizing it intuitively.
Some exciting new time-saving features were introduced in February 2017 allowing Windows 10 users to:
- Reorder notebooks by just clicking (or touching) and dragging, letting you put them in any order
- Create diagrams directly in your notes by using the shapes gallery to insert graphics such as squares, circles, arrows and more
- Reorder paragraph handles by clicking and moving them
Previously limited to Windows devices, Office Lens now enables anyone with an iOS or Android mobile phone or tablet to use the device’s camera to capture and scan images such as business cards, whiteboards, receipts and other documents — automatically recognizing printed text so you can search, edit and copy them. You can then organize these images in your OneNote account.
A new feature called ‘Immersive Reader’ lets you:
- Have your scanned document read aloud, ideal for multitasking
- Find items more quickly with the ability to skip back five words or ahead one page
A February 2017 update to PowerPoint, Microsoft’s slide presentation software, incorporated some new time-saving features that can help you create your slideshows faster.
You can now:
- Quickly remove backgrounds thanks to the fact that PowerPoint now automatically detects background areas
- New QuickStarter feature provides research ideas for you thanks to a series of new templates. To access, go to File and New
Skype for Business:
Skype for Business keeps you in touch anywhere and anytime by offering conference and video calling. Some new features designed to speed up the process and boost your productivity include:
- Consult and transfer: Now you can consult with another user and then transfer a call to them directly; saving time from the previously-required method of having to open a side conversation, close it, then transfer a call
- With Skype in-app integration, you can set up a collaboration conference without having to leave the application. Click “chat” from your document to instantly share screens and open up video calls
Try these new Office 365 features for yourself and see how they can save you time while helping you get the most out of these essential applications.
Acrodex is a strategic IT services provider offering solutions such as software licensing and asset management, including Office 365. Contact us to learn how we can help your organization reach your business goals.