Acrodex Access Podcast – Episode 2: Impacts of Microsoft’s Evolution PART I (feat. Pantelis Neofotis & John Green)
October 3, 2016
Workers have changed and Microsoft have responded. Host Raza Hussain is joined by Pantelis Neofotis, Software Solutions Manager, and John Green, Microsoft Licensing Services Team Lead. Listen as these experts describe how Microsoft’s cloud offerings and licensing have shifted to satisfy user-based, consumption services. Microsoft’s many investments in this new mobile and cloud first world, like the new Canadian datacenters, are, in the end, all about user empowerment.
Other Microsoft updates that are discussed include:
- New Office 365 E5 Subscription (Power BI, user performance analytics, hosted cloud PBX, etc.)
- Azure popular use cases, such as testing Windows 10 compatibility to streamline evaluation
- Volume Licensing updates
Acrodex Microsoft experts from S.A. Management, Delivery Specialists, Cloud Architects, and Support teams, are here to work for you. Because every customer is unique, Acrodex makes suggestions, based on your needs, ensuring you make the best decisions for your organization.
Visit www.acrodex.com/partners/microsoft for more information.
Acrodex Access Podcast – Episode 1: Digital Transformation (feat. John Dathan) presented by HPE
October 3, 2016
Listen as John Dathan, VP of Strategy and Business Development at HPE Canada, describes why transforming to a digital business is critical to staying competitive. Hear the true definition of Hybrid Infrastructure and take advantage of both traditional and cloud technologies to suite your needs. Learn how HPE help customers achieve unique outcomes and gain insight into the following areas:
– Digital Disruption
– The Idea Economy
– ‘Transform, Protect, Empower, and Enable’
– Big Data
If you would like to learn more about the how Acrodex and Platinum Partner HPE are transforming Canadian businesses, visit www.acrodex.com/hpe
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 8: IT Staffing and the Benefits of Resource Management to Organizations (feat. Loretta Leniuk)
June 10, 2016
Jeff “Kozy” Koziuk is back! In this episode, Kozy is joined by Acrodex’s Manager, IT Staffing Canada, Loretta Leniuk to discuss IT Staffing & Resource Management. This discussion covers the many advantages Acrodex’s IT Staffing & Resource Management and how engagements and relationships are built with our clients.
Acrodex has a consultative approach which Loretta and her team of experienced IT professionals use to understand the customer’s unique environment while validating the customers’ business problem or required outcomes. Loretta can determine a solution; whether that is seamlessly providing resources onsite, supplementing operational/project teams, or providing subject matter experts to Professional Service teams to solve current and future state requirements.
Benefits of Acrodex’s IT Staffing & Resource Management service, include:
- Simplify hiring and on-boarding
- Reduce admin overhead
- Follow best-practice and compliance to industry standards
- Access to experienced and qualified IT professionals
- Flexible contract terms
- Experienced, technical, certified resource team/Bench of IT professionals
- Seamlessly supplement your existing teams
- Maintain Quality of Service on local and national level
- Leverage/combine with other Acrodex IT services
Loretta Leniuk, Manager, IT Staffing Canada, oversees the IT Staffing & Resource Management businesses unit across Canada. Her 17 years of experience in the IT industry incorporates all channels and areas of IT, including recruiting agencies, vendor, corporate, and IT solution providers. Loretta’s success is routed in her ability to build trust in long-term relationships with clients and internal business units. Negotiating contracts, while developing new process and procedures also fulfills Loretta’s passion of providing the highest level of service possible. Loretta continues to extend her reach throughout Canada to support Acrodex’s national model.
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 7: InfinIT Managed Services Bundle (feat. Ron Smith)
June 10, 2016
“What gets managed gets done.” This is how Ron Smith, Acrodex’s Director of Delivery Services, featured on this episode, describes the InfinIT Managed Services.
Our team discusses how InfinIT provides complete and total support for your business with several (and strategic) value added services—all packaged together.
This episode highlights the following InfinIT features:
- Centralized Services
- Technical Consultant
- Unlimited Support
- Virtual Dexter (vCIO)
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 6: Evolve your Productivity (feat. Rishi Sahni)
May 24, 2016
Jeff Koziuk, host of the Kozybro Podcast, delves into Acrodex Evolve; a revolutionary smart bundle designed to enhance end-user productivity. Rishi Sahni, an Acrodex Evolve specialist, answers commonly asked questions, while outlining the five products and services that subscribers of Evolve receive.
Common business challenges, and how Evolve addresses these, is discussed. Designed for small and medium businesses, some advantages of Evolve explained in this episode,include:
– Enabling users with mobility, flexibility,collaboration and peace-of-mind
– Receive the latest device and productivity tools, fully-managed
– Access to a per-user, customized training program (depending on the user’s job role and knowledge level)
– Free-up your staff to focus on innovation rather than worrying about user support
– No upfront investment (low risk and predictable costing model)
– Administration/management portal to help you manage your Office 365 subscriptions, user rights, consumption details,and much more
Evolve bundles together five elements —essential to keeping end-users, and businesses, productive. With Evolve,businesses are able to subscribe to a customized program that provides end-users with the following:
- Latest End-User Device
- Office 365 Business Premium Subscription
- Customized End-User Coaching and Company Learning Plan
- Evolve On-Call Unlimited Technical Support
- Evolve-365 Hub Management Portal (for Office 365)
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 5: Microsoft Cloud Saves the Day (Feat. Mat Burke)
May 13, 2016
In this episode, Jeff Koziuk is joined by special guest Mat Burke, Microsoft Account Executive for Education, to discuss how the cloud has protected real businesses against the unexpected. Real Canadian emergencies are analyzed; sudden, potentially harmful scenarios like natural disasters, health threats in a community, and identity theft attacks.
Microsoft Azure, is a solution that addresses urgent business concerns and saves companies from potentially catastrophic results. The various business functionsof Microsoft Azure solved the following issues for Canadian organizations:
- Immediate need to scale-up data archiving
- Disaster recovery
- Instantaneous responsiveness
- Multifactor authentication
- Lower operational costs
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 4: First Steps to Utilizing Cloud Services (feat. Hank Neveu)
April 29, 2016
Host Jeff Koziuk is joined by Acrodex Cloud Solutions Architect, Hank Neveu, for a discussion on cloud services. Learn how to leverage the cloud and gain strategic tips to help you take the first step towards utilizing the cloud. Other topics that are explored include:
- Overview of Iaas, Paas, IaaS
- Cloud vs On-premise
– Capital vs Operating expenses
- Benefits and possible uses of the cloud
- Microsoft Canadian Data Centers
- How do you take the first step?
– What to ask the experts? (ROI, best workloads to migrate, etc.)
– What should you ask yourself?
- Cloud Assessment
– Why is it important, what are my options, and what are the results?
The cloud can help you become more agile and responsive. However, other benefits include possible licensing and operating savings. Getting new projects off the ground in a more efficient and cost effective way is another advantage. Though your IT department is still needed to manage the cloud, with efficient management tools the cloud offers, they are now freed-up to handle other initiatives.
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 3: Introduction to Microsoft Cloud (feat. Donovan Charlton)
April 15, 2016
In this special episode, Acrodex’s National Manager of Microsoft Solutions, Donovan Charlton, touches on a variety of topics regarding Microsoft cloud products and services. These topics include general overviews, different functionalities, pricing models, and updates/changes to these offerings. Client stories and examples of how these products and services can help you overcome business challenges and regain control of your environment are also outlined. Topics discussed include:
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- AD Premium
- Microsoft Canadian Data Centres- Update
- Microsoft EMS
- Microsoft ECS – Update
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 2: Microsoft Volume Licensing – Considerations for Business Decisions
March 21, 2016
In this episode, returning guest and software expert, Andre Murrell, goes through the advantages of the different components of Software Assurance in Microsoft Enterprise Agreements. Get cost-saving tips as well as business and investment advice for your decisions regarding volume licensing.
- Benefits of Software Assurance, Enterprise Agreements and other Volume Licensing:
– Breakdown of some examples of the benefits (hard and soft costs)
– Subscription services (24×7 Problem Resolution,Planning Services, TechNet, Microsoft Online Concierge, and more)
– Microsoft Home Use program
– Office, Windows, SQL Server licensing (Product Use rights,Roaming Use, and more)
- Client Discussion examples
- Find value and leverage your licensing agreement
Do the features of your agreement provide your company with value?If not, we’ll let you know! Learn how we can analyze your unique environment and the licenses you require.
The Kozy IT Podcast – Episode 1: Introduction to Microsoft’s Cloud (feat. Andre Murrell)
February 25, 2016
Introducing my first podcast episode! Items that are touched upon during the episode are referenced below.
In this episode, Andre Murrell, a software expert, and myself discuss the typical conversations had with clients around cloud technology. The intention of this episode is to educate and advise about the benefits/risks of transitioning and using the cloud from someone embedded in the industry.
- How to properly and safely leverage cloud technology that scale up and down for your business needs
- Cost savings tips that can directly affect operational costs
- Free-up your IT resources for more important tasks
- Datacenter – DR in the cloud (either fully cloud or hybrid)
- Security risks and Shadow IT
Microsoft Cloud Service Level Agreement –https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/sla/summary/
Microsoft Azure Trust Center – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/trust-center/
Acrodex HR Podcast – Episode 3: Social Media in the Workplace
June 7, 2016
In this episode, the Acrodex HR podcast team discusses the changing dynamic of hiring and employment in the digital age, featuring topics like:
- Tip and tricks from established, award-winning Marketing and Recruitment Specialists
- Facebook vs LinkedIn – what to share, overlaps, outcomes, and connections/friends
- Social Media post etiquette
- Social Media policies
- Appropriate email addresses
- Profile pictures
- Google Alerts
- Privacy settings
Acrodex HR Podcast – Episode 2: Rock Your First Day! (feat. Ted Zanetic)
April 19, 2016
Specially related to IT and the role of a junior Tech Analyst, what can you expect on your first day and weeks upon starting a new position?
In this episode, the HR Podcast crew is joined by special guest, Ted Zanetic, Acrodex Worksite Operations Manager. Success tips and best practices are outlined—some discussion points include:
- What to expect during on-boarding (first interactions as an employee)
- First Day: success tips
- Technical Analyst expectations
- Other (general):
– How does management gauge performance of new hires?
– Desk and personal area
– Soft skills
– Resources for new hires
Acrodex HR Podcast – Episode 1: Boost your Professional Presentation – Stand Out from the Competition
March 24, 2016
Get insider tips and best-practice advice from the talent acquisition experts from Acrodex. Listen as Raza Hussain (Acrodex Marketing & Communications Manager) moderates an enlightening discussion with Acrodex’s HR and Recruitment representatives.
The changing trends of recruiting are discussed, as well as the ‘do’s and don’ts’ of the following:
- Career Fairs
- LinkedIn and Social Media